That indeed is the crux of the matter. When we were advised by the
incumbent outsourcing the backlog of work that is urgent would take so long
to deliver we suggested we could add additional staff. To which the
response was it would take at least 6 months for even an experienced
systems programmer to come up to speed to be productive and that is what I
am questioning.