On 3/2/23 05:49, David Crayford wrote:
I think 99% of the folks on this forum want a language that can run in a TSO/ISPF environment hosted in PDS data sets. Lua can do that and it's orders of magnitudes faster then REXX with the advantage of package management. The next gen guys don't use TSO/ISPF and they're going to use Python and couldn't give a hoot about NetRexx.

Lua is great. (Got a link to the MVS version of it?)
But language-centric ecosystems not so much. (everything from PIP to Maven)

We've lost the concept of inter-language calls.
With increasing numbers of new and amazing languages, we seem to be LESS able to choose and use the right language for the function.

-- R; <><