I agree.   We use a permanent maintenance LPAR which is generally not up.
With ServerPac, it didn’t matter we could select it as the target from our
driving system.   With z/OSMF, if run on the driving system, z/OSMF wanted
the target up and wanted to communicate with it via z/OSMF.  Not good for
us.

Further, PSWI uses DSS to restore the datasets and ignores any DATACLAS
parameters.  Our OMVS datasets are all EXTADDR so we had to build a REXX
EXEC to copy the OMVS datasets to a newly allocated OMVS dataset with the
EXTADDR attribute.   Which by the way, what happens when the ROOT grows
beyond 4GB?

There were a number of other things we ran into which escape me at the
moment.

Michael Babcock
OneMain Financial
z/OS Systems Programmer, Lead