I think the promise of zosmf is far beyond just a server pack replacement.
Yeah server pack was great for what it was but when it comes to the grind
of installing over and over and over again and the customization the
workflow features I believe really hold the promise to fixing what is a
continuously pain in the butt situation.  And hopefully they'll continue to
make it lighter and lighter.  But the other part is the distribution points
and the packaging for distribution.  Yeah I don't really care how it
happens whether it's a GUI or not.  But in my view this is steps in the
right direction.

I would point you to Ed's presentation on the workflow features that were
incorporated to E/JES2 installation.  I really think there's something here.

Just my two cents.

Rob Schramm