We (in The Netherlands) say “kicks” like the Brits.

Sent from Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>
________________________________
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Phil Smith III <li...@akphs.com>
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2023 8:15:09 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Subject: Question for our international friends (mostly)

How do you say "CICS"? In my experience, Americans mostly say
"see-eye-see-ess"; Brits say "kicks"; Canadians are a mixture; and Italians
say "cheeks" (which makes perfect sense, following Italian pronunciation
rules). If your native language isn't English, how do YOU say it?

This is just a curiosity question, obviously!

ATTENTION:
The information in this e-mail is confidential and only meant for the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, don't use or disclose it in
any way. Please let the sender know and delete the message immediately.