Hi Andrew,
This reminds me of the time I had temporarily been part of a team to do an ACF2->RACF conversion at a large Canadian bank.
(That is a whole story in itself and almost cost me my IBM job.)
Anyway ... There was this customer person, who in every meeting kept pronouncing it Ra-KEFF.

When I see the dreaded ICH408I, sometimes in conversation with colleagues, it'll be I've been RACFrigged again.

Regards,
David

On 2023-03-18 18:15, Andrew Rowley wrote:
On 18/03/2023 11:54 pm, Bob Bridges wrote:
Now that you mention this, I guess I'm being inconsistent when I say "see eye see ess" and "eye em ess", but privately chuckle when ignorami say "are ay see eff" instead of "rack-eff".

RACF always amused me, because "rack off" is a (Australian?) way to somewhat rudely tell someone to go away. So, "I tried to log on,  but RACF told me to rack off."

It's an accidentally great name for a security product.