On Thu, 23 Mar 2023 10:03:50 -0400, Joseph Reichman wrote:

>Seymour “respectfully ” that’s for QSAM in locate mode BSAM doesn’t have a
>locate mode the user supplied the I/O area

My (very old) experience with BSAM agreed with what Seymour says.

Why are you trying to use BSAM.  QSAM is easier.
o Are your records not in a RECFM supported by QSAM?
o Are you concerned with the performance of repeatedly calling GET LOCATE?
o Did you make a bad initial design choice and are unwilling to reconsider?

--
gil