From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Paul Gilmartin [0000042bfe9c879d-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu]
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2023 1:43 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Does BSAM I/O area have to be fixed storage

On Thu, 23 Mar 2023 10:03:50 -0400, Joseph Reichman wrote:

>Seymour “respectfully ” that’s for QSAM in locate mode BSAM doesn’t have a
>locate mode the user supplied the I/O area

My (very old) experience with BSAM agreed with what Seymour says.

Why are you trying to use BSAM.  QSAM is easier.
o Are your records not in a RECFM supported by QSAM?
o Are you concerned with the performance of repeatedly calling GET LOCATE?
o Did you make a bad initial design choice and are unwilling to reconsider?

--
gil