With respect to the COBOL migration issue, we bit that bullet several years
ago, starting with V5.2.  Now we compile only with V6.2 except under special
circumstances.  We used the "two library" migration plan.

As for "release and options compiled with", the CBT utility COBANALZ (CBT321)
does a very creditable job of that function, and the price is right.  Honestly,
the most helpful information is just the compiler version used to create the
load module, which COBANALZ provides succinctly in its SUMMARY report.  Options
compiled with has not been a necessary set of information for us (so far).

Which production programs are actually executed is a tougher nut to crack
without using SMF records (you need SAF permissions to that data), but
definitely possible using only your production JCL/PROC libraries, a good
source maintenance regime and utilities, application scheduler reports, and a
good knowledge of how to make SORT dance to your tune.  I have done it for
specific sets of code and jobs for various business reasons (e.g., identifying
any non-LE COBOL code still actually running).

There is at least one very affordable ISV product already available which does
a very creditable job of providing shop-wide source-and-JCL cross-reference
data.  I think IBM's TADz product has similar capabilities.

Year 2042 isn't even on our radar, as we don’t use STCK date information at the
application level at all as far as I know.  All uses I am aware of use either
STCKE or LE date facilities.  Being a financial sector player we have long
since been dealing with dates WAY into the future (30 year bonds, "perpetual"
bonds, etc.).

HTH

Peter