On 31/3/23 05:39, Bernd Oppolzer wrote:
What code does the compiler generate when a long scalar such as _Decimal128 is
passed by value?

The C compiler - at least - puts the long scalar in the reg1 list where it uses more than 4 bytes. "call by value" in my understanding means, that values are passed, not addressed. With the mainframe (or z/OS and CMS) linkage convention, this means, that values
and not addresses are in the reg1 parameter list.
Maybe that's the case for legacy C programs but it certainly isn't for XPLINK which uses a completely different linkage convention. As the majority of our code is 64-bit XPLINK is mandatory.