In the case of a common routine(s) that is (are) statically linked for Batch and CICS environments. I didn't design the system the customer had, I just had to be aware of it when I was working on Compile support tools.

So I thought that this aspect should be considered in this conversation.

And, yes, if these routines changed, the causing the common copybook(s) to be changed, that would require a recompile and linkedit of the batch and CICS sides, QA testing, and then promotion back into production. So that had to be coordinated across a few application groups for each program that used one of those "dual" routine programs (dual from the idea that they were used in both environments).

Steve Thompson