From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of Bob
Bridges [robhbrid...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 9, 2023 7:19 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: AI wipes out humanity?

Yeah, I realize I didn't define anything.  But in this case I'm really just
saying that we have no idea whether an AI can have an impulse to preserve
itself.  We observe that impulse in every form of life, but it's well to
keep in mind that an AI isn't of that sort.  It may have that impulse, but
so far that's just an assumption, no?

---

/* For Sale: Toddler bed, white metal frame, practically new but had
monsters under it, $20  -from Reader's Digest, Feb 1999 */