Hello list,

Yes, this is an ISPF question but I don't know of anybody in the z/OS world
that doesn't use ISPF - and I don't know if the ISPF list (if it is still
operational) has much traffic.  So here goes.

Running certain ISPF macros and/or  commands, we get lines added to the ISPF
edit screen with "=NOTE=" or "==MSG>" lines.  Is there a way to make these
lines searchable without converting them to full data lines?  The specific
instance I'm asking about is running a third party JCL checker, the lines
output from the checker are typically notes or messages.  The nice thing about
them being such, is they aren't really part of the member being edited/checked
so if I save the member, these lines aren't included in the member being saved.
 The drawback of them is that they aren't searchable, so for example, if I'm
looking at output with a called PROC, and I want to search for a particular
piece of substituted JCL, I can't do so (that I know of) unless I do a full
"make data" on the member, which then makes me vulnerable to accidentally
saving the member with all the notes and messages still there.

TIA,

Rex

The information contained in this message is confidential, protected from
disclosure and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
distribution, copying, or any action taken or action omitted in reliance on it,
message and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard
copy format. Thank you.