IBM keeps new customers under wraps. Fewer guys/gals like us are necessary.
Automation is making us obsolete. Each iteration of the mainframe causes the
need for fewer of them. But MIPs are still growing rapidly.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomgroenfeldt/2022/06/09/finserv-responds-to-ibm-z15-mainframe-with-45-increase-in-installed-mips-since-2019/

This list days are numbered. We will be relegated to “the old days” threads.
Remote work has made many parking lots empty. From 2008 til I retired last
year, I worked 100% remote.

There are roughly 3,000 employees working at the Poughkeepsie plant from entry
level to engineers.Feb 17, 2022

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone