> On 9 Jun 2023, at 7:33 am, Lennie Dymoke-Bradshaw
> <0000032fff1be9b4-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:
>
> Can someone please explain what IBM have done on the LinuxOne machines to
> stop them running z/OS?

From what I gather, LinuxOne machines have the capability to run z/OS within
OCP containers, and there are cloud provisioning tools available to choose
systems software from the ADCD. I had the opportunity to witness a
demonstration of this at a zForum conference, where IBMer Ed McCarthy showcased
its impressive functionality. I was quite impressed with what I saw. The
provisioning options ranged from x86 emulation to on-premises Linux on Z, with
various tiers in between. Tim Sipples will know the details.