W dniu 09.06.2023 o 01:33, Lennie Dymoke-Bradshaw pisze:
Can someone please explain what IBM have done on the LinuxOne machines to
stop them running z/OS?

I ask out of curiosity only.

What IBM have done?
NOTHING.
Simply NOTHING except some business decisions. LinuxONE can have IFL engines only (*). LinuxONE can have some I/O cards unavailable in regular machine and vice versa. But this is business decision, not technical requirement. And the plastive elements on the doors are orange, not blue. And you cannot order blue doors for LinuxONE. Why I'm talking about doors? Because the reason behind is the same as for IFL or FCP-Express32S card.

(*) AFAIK there is GDPS Appliance available on LinuxONE. In that case the appliance (read: z/OS + SA + GDPS) use regular CP vel GP.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland