IMHO, both curl and get belong in the base.

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Paul Gilmartin <0000042bfe9c879d-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu>
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2023 9:13 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: The new requirement for Certificates to communicate with IBM -- A
Journey

On Mon, 12 Jun 2023 02:49:14 +0000, Timothy Sipples wrote:
>When you get "bootstrapped" you'll probably want to install curl for z/OS (or
>something functionally similar) to make this process easier.

"Bootstrap" is a critical term here.  It reflects the antinomy in how can I
elevate myself from a base state where "I trust no one," to the
target state where "I trust you."

But, yes, other systems I use come with certificates installed.  I must
assume I can trust the vendor and auditing of the delivery path.

IBM should incorporate curl in the base system as other suppliers do.
It's too valuable to omit.

<https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~rdriley/487/papers/Thompson_1984_ReflectionsonTrustingTrust.pdf>

--
gil