Bob Bridges wrote:
>I don't know whether it's fair to say so, but top management is often
>from the older crowd, and in their youth it was much more common for
>workers to need the job and feel fortunate to be employed. Nowadays,
>at least so it seems to me, many more people have a cussed independent
>streak and feel free to go somewhere else if they want.

.which they come by honestly, having seen/experienced too many instances of
companies abusing employee loyalty, lying about futures, etc. It's a two-way
street: you treat people well, they will pay it back. You act like 90-some
percent of employers these days, be lucky if you get two weeks' notice.

Not saying you didn't know this, just being explicit because I'm tired of
hearing companies whinge about "loyalty" (comma, lack thereof).