From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2023 10:53 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: How batch create a PDSE2 with Generations?

On Mon, 26 Jun 2023 10:38:03 -0500, Lionel B. Dyck wrote:

>Try this - just tested and it does work. Hope it helps
>
>//PDSEALC  EXEC PGM=IEFBR14
>//PDSE     DD  DISP=(NEW,CATLG),DSN=MYHLQ.NEW.PDSE,
>//             UNIT=SYSDA,SPACE=(15,15),DSORG=PO,
>//             DCB=(RECFM=FB,LRECL=80,BLKSIZE=0),
>//             DSNTYPE=(LIBRARY,2),MAXGENS=15

Also supported by BPXWDYN (yay!):
<https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.5.0?topic=output-requesting-dynamic-allocation>

Is batch ISPF an alternative or do generations depend on graphic terminal?

What releases does the OP wish to support?

IS SYALLSDA preferable to SYSDA since the latter is nonstandard?

--
gil