Peter,

If you can run GTF on the Zxplore system and capture the output, you might
want to try to use the DEBUG option of the SLIP SET command:

DEBUG

    For a SLIP SET trap, allows you to determine why a trap that you set is

    not working as you expected by indicating which of the conditions you

    established is not being met. DEBUG provides trap information each time

    the trap is tested rather than just when it matches.

    The generalized trace facility (GTF) and its trace option for SLIP

    records must be active. Each DEBUG trace record contains SLIP

    information plus two bytes: the first byte contains a value indicating

    the failing parameter and the second byte contains zero.

    For a description of the DEBUG values, see the SLIP debug trace record

    for GTF in z/OS MVS Diagnosis: Tools and Service Aids.

Mike Shaw
MVS/QuickRef Support Group
Chicago-Soft, Ltd.