> On 17 Jul 2023, at 12:44 pm, Farley, Peter
> <0000031df298a9da-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:
>
> Dave,
>
> It may well be that the python V3.9.2 on the Zxplore system is “broken” as
> you suggest, but getting a dump that proves it to the Zxplore admins still
> could help goad them to more rapidly upgrade the python that is available
> there.  I don’t see that as a useless exercise or as wasting time chasing at
> shadows.
>
> Nailing down the root cause of an issue is not useless.

So you expect the maintainers of ibm_db to identify the underlying cause, which
is broken Python 3.9.2? I find that expectation unreasonable. Perhaps you
should consider opening a case with IBM to address this issue. However, I can
provide you with insight into what their response might be: "Python 3.9.2 is no
longer supported; please upgrade Python to the latest version." Another concern
is that you are utilizing a system where you lack control or influence over the
application of maintenance.

The assumption that Python 3.9.2 is stable may not hold true. Since it is
unsupported and no longer available for download, it raises questions about how
the Rocket developers are able to test it in the first place.