From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Shaffer, Terri
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2023 12:02 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: TCPIP Device/Link to Interface question???

Hi,
  Was wondering if someone could answer a question?

I am converting my DEVICE/LINK statements to INTERFACE in my TCPIP
configuration on my test lpar.

I recycled my TCPIP and everything works, except I tripped an error on my HOME
statement, because I think it uses LINK name, not Interface name?

My PRIMARYINTERFACE is my primary INTERFACE statement , again everything seems
to work.

However, when I did a hometest, it looked okay with my primary IPADDR first,
then Secondary and then loopback address which it should be.

But to stop the error from my HOME link name from occurring, I commented my
HOME statement out.

That fixed my error message, but now LOOPBACK is first, then Primary IPADDRESS
and then Secondary.

So my question is do I need the HOME STATEMENT, or what replaces it, if
anything when using INTERFACE statement?

And/or how do I get the PRIMARY IPADDRESS first again?

Ms Terri E Shaffer
Senior Systems Engineer,
z/OS Support:
ACIWorldwide - Telecommuter
H(412-766-2697) C(412-519-2592)
terri.shaf...@aciworldwide.com

 [https://go.aciworldwide.com/rs/030-ROK-804/images/aci-footer.jpg]
<http://www.aciworldwide.com> This email message and any attachments may
contain confidential, proprietary or non-public information. The information is
intended solely for the designated recipient(s). If an addressing or
transmission error has misdirected this email, please notify the sender
immediately and destroy this email. Any review, dissemination, use or reliance
upon this information by unintended recipients is prohibited. Any opinions
expressed in this email are those of the author personally.