Yep, "Model 1 displays 480 characters (12 rows of 40 characters)."

Did you have keyboard issues?

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
billogden <billog...@optonline.net>
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2023 10:11 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [EXT] Ars Technica: The IBM mainframe: How it runs and why it
survives

Comment for Seymour:

> By the time the 370/148 came out 3270s were old hat.
Not in all parts of the world!

>3270-1? Did you mean 3277-1? I never saw one in the flesh, and it was way
too small.
Sorry, I used the "generic" 3270 instead of the specific "3277".  Yes, the
model 1 had a very small screen. My memory is not good, but I think it was
12x40.

>OS/VS1 did have some things that MVS did not.
I liked it because, in many ways, it was as simple as could be but still did
the job needed.

Bill Ogden