On 7/31/23 10:40 AM, Steve Thompson wrote:
I just have to throw this in here.

IBM is not the only maker of Mainframes.

Nicely done.  :-)

I understand that Fujitsu still makes mainframes.

That's my understanding too.

Does UNISYS still make mainframes?

My understanding is that UNISYS is now primarily service on very large x86(_64) based systems.

I think they were one of the companies that made x86 systems in the late '90s / early '00s that were massively multi-CPU systems. as in they (and the likes) are the reason Windows NT / 2000 support up to 32 CPUs.

How about Honeywell Bull?

I don't remember seeing anything about Honeywell computers in a LONG time.

Why don't we see these systems being discussed (or maybe I just don't frequent the right web sites)?

I suspect it's /where/ we are talking. This list, IBM territory (if I can use such a loose comparison), geographic region, business region, etc.

Aren't Fujitsu much bigger in the Asia Pacific market?

Grant. . . .