No.   Here's what the JCL References says for "EXPORT" -

Purpose: Use the EXPORT statement to make specific JCL symbols available to the
job step program.
Exported JCL symbols can be accessed during the job execution phase using the
JCL Symbol Service
(IEFSJSYM) or the JES Symbol Service (IAZSYMBL). Symbols must be set to a value
subsequent to the
EXPORT statement for the symbol value to be exported.

So, without exporting, I don't believe that there is a supported API for a
program to see JCL or JES symbols.

Kirk Wolf