> On Friday, August 4, 2023 at 04:04:39 AM PDT, Seymour J Metz
 > <sme...@gmu.edu> wrote:

> Back in the bad old days, IBM showed the expansion immediately after the JCL.
> Alas, in MVS they chose to show it as a message in a separate JES dataset.
> Have they moved IEF653I to be inline since then?

I'm guessing your right that IEF653I is still in JESMSGLG and probably won't be
displayed in TYPERUN=SCAN. Since the IEF653I comes out at interpreter phase,
chances are the interpreter only interprets a step just before it runs.

This also means the instorage JCL will have only been converted and awaiting
interpreter. If Dave needs the converted JCL in addition to the variables, then
he can grab it from storage without all the JESJCL funk otherwise just forget
my previous suggestion.

Thanks.

    On Friday, August 4, 2023 at 04:04:39 AM PDT, Seymour J Metz