For Americans here who’ve never been to Europe, trucks in Europe are much
smaller than US trucks, are required to have governors to limit their speed,
and are restricted to the right lane. The result is far fewer traffic deaths
involving trucks.

In addition, Europeans almost never drive pickups and their automobiles are
much smaller.

Their rates of deaths and serious injury are far less than America.

So for you pro life people, perhaps some road restrictions would keep more
people alive.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Monday, August 7, 2023, 5:07 PM, Jon Perryman <jperr...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> On Monday, August 7, 2023 at 01:12:10 PM PDT, Bob Bridges
> <robhbrid...@gmail.com> wrote:
> building long-haul tractors in the US is apparently a bit of a challenge
> compared to what they do in Europe.

Every country has different challenges of mentality. I'm guessing this refers
to Germany where Mercedes produces big rig Trucks. This mentality spreads
across all industries in Germany including computers. When I lived in Germany,
I experienced many of these challenges but a better example is an English
friend who repaired equipment made in Germany. His job was to go where Germans
refused. For instance, he was sent to repair a 9 spindle lathe in Spain because
the customer did not wait for the correct part. When the lathe failed, the
customer did not have the correct bolt so they hammered a steel rod to get the
lathe temporarily running. Germans wouldn't fix it because it's the customers
responsibility to wait for the correct parts.

    On Monday, August 7, 2023 at 01:12:10 PM PDT, Bob Bridges