> I'm feeling a bit puzzled here!

Then ask instead of attributing to me things that I didn't write.

> Bash doesn't come pre-installed with z/OS;

True but irrelevant. Now, were Rocket to stop supporting it, *that* would be
relevant.

> so there shouldn't be any compatibility problems, right?

WTF? How does the fact that it's 3rd party suddenly make bash and zsh
compatible?

> If IBM decides to include zsh, which is
> considered superior to bash, this could be a game-changer.

Only for new scripts.

> Once IBM introduced their Python SDK for z/OS, Rocket's Python started
> struggling and eventually became obsolete.

True but irrelevant; those were two implementations of the same language, while
bash and zsh are different languages.

> It's perfectly fine to skip commenting on every discussion,

It's perfectly fine to comment on what people actually write; it's not so fine
to comment on what only exists in your head.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3