>> The only issue I ran into (this was years ago) was that if you use the PARM
>> in Syncsort of “EQUAL” expect different output in DFSORT

ED,

EQUALS is the parm which comes into picture when your input has duplicates on
the key, and you want to retain the order of the duplicates.  OPTION EQUALS
specifies whether the original sequence of records that collate identically for
a sort or a merge should be preserved from input to output.

As a simple example:

AAAA R1
AAAA R2
AAAA R3

If we sort these three records on positions 1-4 with EQUALS with DFSORT, the
output is guaranteed to be:

AAAA R1
AAAA R2
AAAA R3

because EQUALS says to keep records with the same key (duplicate records) in
their original order.

However, if we sort these three records on positions 1-4 with NOEQUALS with
DFSORT the output can have those records in any order, e.g.

AAAA R2
AAAA R3
AAAA R1

or

AAAA R3
AAAA R1
AAAA R2

because NOEQUALS says the order of records is not guaranteed.

So, with NOEQUALS it is difficult to compare the outputs. If you really want to
compare, then you need to have EQUALS and then both products will give you the
same results.

I guess this is what has caused the notion that the two products behave
differently from your earlier migration efforts.

Further if you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Kolusu
DFSORT Development
IBM Corporation