>> I think it was mentioned in this list previously that EQUALS in DFSORT has a
>> lower limit on maximum number of records than SYNCSORT.

Michael,

Can you please provide link to that topic that mentions that DFSORT has a lower
limit than the other product?

We do have limits and I *believe* it is the same as the other product, but if
you are running on Z15 and higher you can use sort accelerator(with OPTION
ZSORT) with DFSORT which can sort up to 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 records (
Nine quintillion two hundred twenty-three quadrillion three hundred seventy-two
trillion thirty-six billion eight hundred fifty-four million seven hundred
seventy-five thousand eight hundred seven)  as mentioned here

https://www.mail-archive.com/ibm-main@listserv.ua.edu/msg124898.html

Btw it would a while for any customer to sort that many records.

Thanks,
Kolusu
DFSORT Development
IBM Corporation