ChatGPT says that that it is a few years out of date often when you ask a "political" type question.

So I have been experimenting with Google's AI - Bard.Google.com. And I like it.

Recently, I have asked it about some programming.  Like "please code this:"  It isn't always accurate, however if often gives a different way of looking at a problem.

For example, based on the 40 year old Jol Panel instruction,  I have been developing a universal Panel or Form instruction that works in MVS/Zos, Windows and Linux.  I asked Bard about setting environment variables at the CURRENT level, and it suggested stuffing the keyboard with SET statements.  And it sort of worked, except it wouldn't work in an Windows BAT file - the keyboard and the next statement in the BAT file got all tangled up!  Ce la vie!

Anyway, it is all happening - although somewhat slowly.  Where, for example, do you store the results of a form so that a Clist can examine the results?  Or can a Rexx program use the Panel? And so on!

Clem

Dean Kent wrote:
Which brings up another 'interesting' anecdote.   I used chatGPT to 'write' a set of bylaws for a new non-profit for a youth sports club.   I asked it over a dozen times with different wording, and it came back with a wide variety of results - some that were long and included many sections, and others that were short and included only what might be considered 'necessary' sections.    I have a friend who is an attorney, and he sent me the template that LexisNexis provides.   It had a lot more content, some which the IRS now indicates is 'preferred' or even required.    So I ended up using the template since I could just remove or ignore sections that weren't pertinent.   The template also had a variety of options (variables, if you will) for wording depending on, for example, if the corporation has a CEO or President and whether board officers can also be corporate executives, etc.

That caused me to make the decision that I would not consider using chatGPT for creating legal documents.   Again, YMMV.