Dying can be slow or fast. Assembler has been dying a slow death for decades.
Yeah, it could go on for a decade or two but with far fewer programmers (most
are older) and less need. (Because far fewer programmers and more user friendly
replacements)

At no point has the mainframe been shrinking in actual workloads. Ever. Only in
install base with small to midsized companies who can’t afford the platform.

Most everything else I agree.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone