From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Shaffer, Terri
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2023 7:21 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Obscure Websphere question

EXTERNAL EMAIL: Do not click links or open attachments unless you know the
content is safe.

Websphere Deployment task W9DMGR as is my name, W9AGNT8 and W9SER1 are the 3
tasks.

If I run the WSADMIN and change the w9dmnode and wsnode8 hostname I can get the
W9DMGR up on ACWA, and I can access the console.

But everything I try for W9AGNT8 and W9SER1 fail.

I just went back and looked at my messages.  And I had 2 problems, the first
was Hostname, I think I can resolve that.

But I have 2 ports that conflict with another Websphere instance  2810 and 9353.

So I edited the serverindex.xml file to change them to 2818 and 9358, and
that's when I got this..

  ExtendedMessage: BBOO0220E: HMGR0031E: A conflicting IP address and port has
been detected for the DCS_UNICAST_ADDRESS end point.
[w90cell\w9node8\nodeagent, w90cell\w9nodea\ES_QZ30] members are configured to
use the IP address and port combination of  10.5.23.232::9358.

So I backed out, until I can understand what I am doing or really needs to
change/happen, PS, my websphere experience is OLD z/OSMF deep only, and I have
scars!!

Thanks

Ms Terri E Shaffer
Senior Systems Engineer,