On Thu, 5 Oct 2023 19:09:45 -0400, Phil Smith III <li...@akphs.com> wrote:

>Kurt Quackenbush wrote:
>>SMP/E APPLY CHECK and similar commands verify existence of directories

>Thanks. Since I really, really don't want them to get 3/4 of the way through
> and then have to go hunt down someone with USS access

Phil,

Kurt is saying that APPLY CHECK does exactly what you want. CHECK verifies
SMP/e has everything expected and will run 100% through. If 3 DD / DDDEF's are
missing, then you should see those 3 errors and any other errors that SMP/e
detects. APPLY CHECK only validates DD / DDDEF's that are needed for the apply
and ignores all other DD / DDDEF's. I've never experienced missing DD /
DDDEF's, so I'm basing this on Kurt's recommendation.