On Wed, 18 Oct 2023 18:15:55 +0000, Farley, Peter wrote:

>Tom,
>
>For the “relative” idea, maybe fill in the “Start In” value in the *.lnk file
>with the “current” (pwd) directory name?  Not sure if that would make any
>difference, but it may be worth a try.

Are you using Tom's shortcuts or Tmp's edited TOC.htm?  Would a HTML <base> tag
make things better or probably worse?

At some point Windows invented "symbolic links" ("mklink command", which
inexplicably requires admin privilege!?) and are yet different from POSIX
symbolic links.  go figger.

I've had no problem with symbolic links on my desktop systems.

POSIX rules!

--
gil