> On 3 Nov 2023, at 6:30 am, Jousma, David
> <000001a0403c5dc1-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:
>
> I find having to have an entire front-end to install something that can just
> be expanded with a tar or pax command way overkill.

Do you? I find installing Python packages much easier using pip then
downloading a tarball. The first software I installed when I moved to a Mac was
homebrew. Even Windows has winget and third part package managers like
Chocolatey etc. I agree that for some customers the latter may be more
convenient. But z/OS open tools has a front end too, zopen. I noticed that you
have posted in the Rocket forum which is the right place to ask. I suggest
waiting until CVE-2023-38545 is patched.