From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of Tom
Longfellow
Sent: 15 November 2023 15:46
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: The JES2 NJE node that cannot die.

I have been in this business for decades and have run in to this situation on a
few occaisions.   Never really came up with the right recipe to make this
happen.

Our JES2 systems are NJE interconnected over SNA links interconnected with
several other mainframes at other agencies.   For resiliency and reliability
they all act as store and forward nodes in the NJE network.
We wish to no longer communicate with one of these nodes.   Every method I use
simply causes the NJE link to switch over to another mainframe in the
interconnected network.
$P $E $I commands at best cause failoever to another NJE node as the middle
man.   Killing the SNA CDRSC just causes failover as well.
We have found nothing I can do to the NODE, LINE, or APPL that allow me to make
this node dead to us.

I am trying to do this gracefully by turning it off before modifying JES parms
to remove it from my startup.  Trying to preseve the possiblility of fallback
in case some stealth user pops out from behind the woodshed.

Any suggestions?