You don't need an APPL. You need an LBUILD:

LOCAL080 LBUILD
*
ICU1L088 LOCAL TERM=3277,CUADDR=088,ISTATUS=ACTIVE,MODETAB=ISTINCLM,   X
               FEATUR2=(MODEL2),USSTAB=USSNSNA,DLOGMOD=D4B32XX3

On exception. If you are using the terminal as a console only, then VTAM does not need to have it defined.

Tony Thigpen