I seem to remember that you can override the system parameters at IPL time and
specify PLEXCFG=MONOPLEX.  This should bring you up in a single system plex.
Or you can specify PLEXCFG=XCFLOCAL and not be in a plex at all.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Laurence Chiu
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2023 1:54 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: What happens if you IPL a LPAR defined as being in a parallel
sysplex but the CF LPAR is not there

It was gold for me and will help me settle a dispute with some local sysprogs
who said there would be no problem. My question is, it says if you don't have a
CF then change GRS=TRYJOIN or =NONE. Problem is, when the problem occurs, how
do you get online to change it? I could not find an operator command to change
it and since the system is able to IPL, you can't logon to change it.

On Thu, Nov 16, 2023 at 4:18 PM kekronbekron <
000002dee3fcae33-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> Awesome, how do we even find such gems with TechDocs being what it is...
> Luckily for this one, I seem to have it bookmarked.
>

> On Thursday, November 16th, 2023 at 05:14, Attila Fogarasi <
> fogar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Answered a decade ago including how to continue the IPL and get
> > running (either single system or sysplex without CF)
> >
> https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/system/files/inline-files/Where_is_M
> y_Coupling_Facility.pdf
> > "The paper is being written to provide clear and concise
> > instructions on how to address the sysplex support team’s most
> > common callout. Where is
> My
> > Coupling Facility?"
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 16, 2023 at 10:42 AM Mark Jacobs <
> > 00000224d287a4b1-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:
> >
> > > GRS will attempt to connect to ISGLOCK, fail and z/OS will go into
> > > a X'0A3' wait state.
> > >
> > > Mark Jacobs
> > >
> > > Sent from ProtonMail, Swiss-based encrypted email.
> > >
> > > GPG Public Key -
> > >
> [URL Removed for your safety]

> LPAR
> DR

> IBM-MAIN

> > > ---- For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access
> > > instructions, send email to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the
> > > message: INFO IBM-MAIN

> > -- For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions,
> > send email to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO
> > IBM-MAIN

We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate.

Visit floridablue.com/ndnotice <https://floridablue.com/ndnotice> to view our
Non-Discrimination policy and find information on our free language assistance
services.

Florida Blue is a trade name of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., and its subsidiary and affiliate
companies are not responsible for errors or omissions in this e-mail message.
Any personal comments made in this e-mail do not reflect the views of Blue
Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc.  The information contained in this
document may be confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom it is addressed.  This document may contain material that is
privileged or protected from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not
the intended recipient or the individual responsible for delivering to the
intended recipient, please (1) be advised that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, or copying of this document IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED; and (2) notify
sender immediately by telephone and destroy the document. THANK YOU.