From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Paul Feller <prjfeller1...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, 11 December 2023 at 14:20
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: SQA overflow condition
Peter, several people have given you some good suggestions.  There are a few
things you need to think about.

1) As others have said, EQSA overflow is not a bad thing as long as your ECSA
is okay.  At the place I last worked at we routinely saw ESQA overflow on some
of our larger lpars that had lots of activity.
2) Has you ESQA always been "running" high and now it finaly has statred to
overflowing?
3) If you have RMF and have SMF history data you can look back at how your
CSA/SQA usage has been doing.  You can use the batch reporting function of RMF.
 I think the manual is "z/OS Resource Measurement Facility Report Analysis"
that should help you.
4) I would suggest you talk to the vendor about your question around the SVC
module.

Paul