-----Original Message-----
From: robhbrid...@gmail.com <robhbrid...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2023 11:04

I should know this - I've been using JCL for decades - but I find I'm uncertain
about something I haven't done in a while.  I have a production job here that
will eventually be rewritten, but for now I'm just going to tell it to execute
only the first couple steps.  I had in mind inserting "//" before the part of
the JCL that I want to skip.  Very simple.

But wait - does the JCL interpreter discard the rest of the job when it sees
that empty '//', or does it interpret the rest as the start of a new job?
(Since there's no subsequent JOB statement I'm not terribly worried about it,
but it's sloppy; maybe I should just use a COND parm on the JOB card.)  This
info is probably in the JCL ref, but I don't immediately see it.