-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of Sri
h Kolusu
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2023 12:30

Your option works, however, there is another option to make jcl skip steps with
enclosing the steps as data.

For example, if you had 10 steps and you want only first 6 steps to run then
simply add //SAVE    DD DATA,DLM=## after step 5 and everything else below it
will be ignored .  It also will give the flexibility of skipping some steps in
between and run later steps too.

//STEP0100 EXEC PGM=PGM0
//STEP0500 EXEC PGM=PGM4
//STEP0600 EXEC PGM=PGM5
//STEP0700 EXEC PGM=PGM6
//STEP0800 EXEC PGM=PGM7
//STEP0900 EXEC PGM=PGM8

So, from the above example. You code it as follows.

//STEP0100 EXEC PGM=PGM0
//STEP0500 EXEC PGM=PGM4
//SAVE    DD DATA,DLM=##
//STEP0600 EXEC PGM=PGM5
//STEP0700 EXEC PGM=PGM6
//STEP0800 EXEC PGM=PGM7
//STEP0900 EXEC PGM=PGM8

For example, if you want to run steps 1 thru 5 and 8 thru 10 you code something
like this

//STEP0100 EXEC PGM=PGM0
//STEP0500 EXEC PGM=PGM4
//SAVE    DD DATA,DLM=##