From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of af dc
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 9:24 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: How to list all tape volumes the shows UNKNOWN on the D SMS,VOL cmd
??

Hello,
I have the following D SMS,VOL output cmd:

CBR1180I OAM tape volume status: 387
VOLUME  MEDIA     STORAGE   LIBRARY   USE  W  C  SOFTWARE  LIBRARY
        TYPE      GROUP     NAME      ATR  P  P  ERR STAT  CATEGORY
HH9891  MEDIA2    SGSEG21   BA06V     P    N  N  NOERROR   UNKNOWN
RECORDING TECH:     36 TRACK         COMPACTION:         YES
SPECIAL ATTRIBUTE:  NONE             ENTER/EJECT DATE:   2011-02-24
CREATION DATE:      2011-02-24       EXPIRATION DATE:
LAST MOUNTED DATE:  2011-06-22       LAST WRITTEN DATE:  2011-06-19
SHELF LOCATION:
OWNER:
LM SG: SGLIB21   LM SC: SCIART    LM MC: MCGRID   LM DC: DC40
LM CATEGORY: 000F
Logical volume.
Valid copy in each distributed library.

I want to list all tape volumes that have Library category=Unknown. On TCDB
it shows USE-ATTRIBUTE----PRIVATE. Doisn LI REQ cmd it shows:
CATEGORY:                     000F

Where the unknown value cames from ?? and I wanted to list all tapve volumes
with that status, can anyone give me an help ??

May thxs, A.CEcilio

to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN