On Fri, 29 Dec 2023 17:00:37 +0000, Sri h Kolusu <skol...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

>How about issuing ENQ in loop for all the datasets in the list?
>Once you hit a dataset that is already allocated you can quit the search.

ENQ is not appropriate for this type of problem. Dataset allocations are
SYSTEMS ENQ which means the dataset is allocated somewhere in the SYSPLEX.
While you could query the jobs enqueues, why not query the allocations.

My gut tells me that this question stemmed from the ISPF allocations question.
The solution in that case would be to use BPXWDYN CONCAT if it exists or use
the CONCAT command from the CBT tapes.