From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of Jon
Perryman <jperr...@pacbell.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 6, 2024 3:35 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: ISPF setup macro

On Fri, 5 Jan 2024 17:41:45 +0000, Seymour J Metz <sme...@gmu.edu> wrote:

>I've been using BPXWDYN for allocation and concatenation, but I had a problem
>with an error code -24.

UNIX standards provide error codes versus z/OS typically provide an error code
and error message. There's a learning curve for diagnosing various errors.

As for ISPF setup exec's, almost everyone has one that usually includes
personal and group datasets. Ask for one, and I suspect someone would be
willing to provide one.

Don't forget to specify a BLKSIZE on the alloc. The default is the first DSN's
BLKSIZE which is used for buffer size allocation which may be too small for all
concatenated datasets.