I'm pretty sure that nothing about the way MVS works with the Linkage Stack is
a programming interface.

How old is that presentation you are using? The Linkage Stack changed
significantly  with z/Architecture.
The definitive documentation is the Principles of Operation.

If you want to learn about the structure of the Linkage stack, issue several
BAKR instructions and abend.
Use IPCS to process the resulting SYSMDUMP.
Look at the formatted linkage stack entries in the dump and compare that to
storage.

--
Tom Marchant