In LMAC CSECT, offset BD4 is '5.8' and BD7 is '7.9'. Code segment at 152 does the checking.

Michael

At 08:37 AM 1/30/2024, Lionel B. Dyck wrote:

After looking into it the code is in a load module that appears to have been written in PL/X. There are no visible constants for either 5.8 or 7.9 that could be zapped.

CBTtape file 961 by Yves Colliard is an excellent replacement with many build in edit line commands. It isn't the same as LMAC as it isn't dynamic but it would be worth investigating.

Lionel B. Dyck <><
Github: https://github.com/lbdyck

"Worry more about your character than your reputation. Character is what you are, reputation merely what others think you are." - - - John Wooden

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of Schmitt, Michael
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2024 1:19 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Replacement for LMAC program in ISPF 3.1

ISPF has 3 variables that an application can interrogate for the version: ZOS90RL, ZISPFOS, and ZENVIR. The fact that the edit says the ISPF version must be between 5.8 and 7.9 makes me suspect it is using ZENVIR.

What is in the ISPF ZENVIR variable on your z/OS 3.1 system? For example, on a z/OS 2.4 system it is 'ISPF 7.4MVS TSO'.

I'm wondering if the high release is a real requirement. You might try zapping the program to change or bypass the edit, so that it can run, and see what happens.