>> Is there a way to make SORT date comparisons referencing the IPL date? I
>> have not been able to find anything on the manual.

Jack,

DFSORT does not have direct access to IPL info. It can access system symbols
but there is no system symbol defined for LAST IPL date (AFAIK).  So as others
have pointed out, you can code a simple rexx and get the date. or better yet
use SDSF rexx interface to get the information from the command /D IPLINFO.

It is easy to parse out the info and the get the date.

Here is a sample of SDSF rexx interface (your IPL info can be found in SYSTSPRT
dd name in the 2nd step)

//**************************************************************
//* SDSF REXX EXEC INTERFACE TO GET IPLINFO                    *
//**************************************************************
//COPYREXX EXEC PGM=IEBUPDTE,PARM='NEW'
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSUT2   DD DSN=&&EXEC,DISP=(NEW,PASS),
//            UNIT=SYSDA,SPACE=(TRK,(2,2,2)),
//            LRECL=80,RECFM=FB
//SYSIN    DD DATA,DLM='$$'
./         ADD NAME=IPLINF
/* REXX */
LASTRC=ISFCALLS("ON")
ISFDELAY = 3
MYCMD.0  = 1
MYCMD.1  = "D IPLINFO"
ADDRESS SDSF  "ISFSLASH ("MYCMD.") (WAIT)"
DO RESPINDEX = 1 TO ISFULOG.0
  SAY ISFULOG.RESPINDEX
END
LASTRC=ISFCALLS("OFF")
$$
//*
//**************************************************************
//* EXECUTE THE REXX EXEC TO FIND THE IPL INFORMATION          *
//**************************************************************
//SDSFREXX EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01
//SYSPROC  DD DSN=&&EXEC,DISP=(OLD,PASS)
//SYSTSPRT DD SYSOUT=*
//ISPPLIB  DD DSN=ISP.SISPPENU,DISP=SHR
//ISPSLIB  DD DSN=ISP.SISPSENU,DISP=SHR
//ISPMLIB  DD DSN=ISP.SISPMENU,DISP=SHR
//ISPTLIB  DD DSN=ISP.SISPTENU,DISP=SHR
//ISPLOG   DD SYSOUT=*,
//            DCB=(BLKSIZE=129,LRECL=125,RECFM=VA,DSORG=PS)
//ISPPROF  DD UNIT=SYSDA,SPACE=(TRK,(1,1,1)),
//            DCB=(BLKSIZE=800,LRECL=80,RECFM=FB)
//SYSTSIN  DD *
  PROFILE WTPMSG MSGID VARSTORAGE(HIGH)
  TIME
  ISPSTART CMD(%IPLINF)
/*

I don’t know the complete requirement, so I haven’t added the steps to parse
out the information and the processing.  I can show you the processing once you
explain the requirement.

Thanks,
Kolusu
DFSORT Development