>> What I am trying to achieve is simple. I want to select, using DCOLLECT TYPE
>> D records, files that have been created after the last IPL and ten days
>> before today:

Jack,

As I showed you earlier , you can use the SDSF REXX interface and get the
IPLINFO and we can parse to create a symbol with that.

So please add the following

//  SET DCOLSYM=Your.dcollect.symbols.pdsname
//  SET DCOLINP=Your.dcollect.output

Change the SYSTSPRT dd in step SDSFREXX to the following.

//SYSTSPRT DD DSN=&&INFO,DISP=(,PASS),SPACE=(TRK,(1,1),RLSE),
//            RECFM=FB,LRECL=133,DSORG=PS

The IPLDATE on my test systems have the format MM/DD/CCYY.  I am converting the
IPLDATE to Julian format as a SYMBOL so that you can compare it with create
date on type D record. You concatenate this newly created symbol dataset to
your existing symbols.

Note : If your date format is different then we need a slight change in the
control cards for extracting and converting the date.

//**********************************************************
//* Extract the IPL date and convert it to Julian format   *
//* so that we can use it for comparing it against the     *
//* dataset create date which has the CCYYDDDF format      *
//**********************************************************
//EIPLDATE EXEC PGM=SORT,COND=(0,LT)
//SYSOUT   DD SYSOUT=*
//SORTIN   DD DISP=(OLD,DELETE),DSN=&&INFO
//SORTOUT  DD DSN=&&S,DISP=(,PASS),SPACE=(TRK,(1,0))
//SYSIN    DD *
  OPTION COPY,NULLOUT=RC4,STOPAFT=1

  INCLUDE COND=(45,12,SS,EQ,C'SYSTEM IPLED')

  INREC PARSE=(%01=(STARTAFT=C'ON ',ENDBEFR=C' ',FIXLEN=10))
        BUILD=(%01)

  OUTREC OVERLAY=(15:01,10,UFF,M11,LENGTH=8,
                  25:15,08,Y4W,TOJUL=Y4T)

  OUTFIL BUILD=(C'IPLDATE,',25,07,80:X)
/*
//**********************************************************
//* Extract the Type D DCOLLECT records that are created   *
//* 10 days prior to current date and greater than or equal*
//* the IPL date.                                          *
//**********************************************************
//GETTYPD  EXEC PGM=SORT,COND=(0,LT)
//SYSOUT   DD SYSOUT=*
//SYMNOUT  DD SYSOUT=*
//SYMNAMES DD DISP=SHR,DSN=&DCOLSYM(HEADER)
//         DD DISP=SHR,DSN=&DCOLSYM(TYPED)
//         DD DISP=(OLD,DELETE),DSN=&&S
//SORTIN   DD DISP=SHR,DSN=&DCOLINP
//SORTOUT  DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN    DD *
  OPTION COPY
  INCLUDE COND=(DCURCTYP,EQ,DCUDATAT,AND,  * Type = Data type
                DCDCREDT,LT,DATE3P-10,AND, * Created < curr date - 10
                DCDCREDT,GE,IPLDATE)       * Created >= IPLDATE
/*

Further if you have any questions, please let me know

Thanks,
Kolusu
DFSORT Development
IBM Corporation