Most likely the level of activity within the region.
Server status, IIRC, is set by the monitored transactions flowing through the
region.

Check the WLM Planning Guide, or the relevant CICS docs.

HTH,

<snip>

Would anyone know why the WLM SERVER status keeps changing from YES to NO?
We have other tasks defined with the same SrvClass CIC_AORP and they are always
set to SERVER YES. Does it have anything to do with the actual work load being
done by the task?
This is a CICS test region and we are trying to define it to WLM the same as
the production regions for performance testing purposes and we cannot
understand why the SERVER status keeps changing.

NP   JOBNAME  U% Workload SrvClass SP ResGroup Server   Quiesce  ECPU-Time  ECP
      KIXMTMAS 16 STC      CIC_AORP                        1          YES
             4.39   0.

 NP   JOBNAME  U% Workload SrvClass SP ResGroup Server   Quiesce  ECPU-Time  ECP
      KIXMTMAS 73 STC      CIC_AORP                        1          NO
             4.66   0.
</snip>